About

The Chatham Community Fire Protection District was formed in 1928 and has continuously provided fire protection services to the Village of Chatham and the surrounding communities since its inception.

Our station is located on Illinois Route 4 in the Village of Chatham, Illinois.

The Chatham Community Fire Protection District covers over 75 square miles encompassing the Village of Chatham and the surrounding area. We provide over 17,500 residents within this District outstanding Fire, Rescue, and Emergency Medical Services. We are a combination Fire Department comprised of several dedicated paid and volunteer members. The District is governed by a three member board of Trustees whom are appointed by the Sangamon County Board. Our operational staffing includes three Chief Officers, twenty-two volunteer positions, and twelve full-time firefighters. Our support staff includes a three member Board of Fire Commissioners, an Administrative Assistant, a Chaplain, and a Department Photographer.

The Chatham Community Fire Protection District are members of: Illinois Association of Fire Protection Districts; Sangamon County Fire Chiefs Association; South County Fire Protection District Association; and M.A.B.A.S. Division 48.